Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY Beanie Tutorial

 

How to make ⇧that beanie
From ⇩ this sweater






*What you need*
Old sweater (thrifted this XL sweater for $3.00)
Fabric glue or needle and thread
Measuring tape
Scissors


First measure how long you want your beanie to be
I made mine a bit slouchy so I measured 10 inches
Also, be sure to leave at least 1 inch for gluing/ sewing


Cut across
 
Cut a side seam to make 1 long piece

 
Measure the circumference of your head
Take your measurement and cut your fabric

 

Fold your fabric like so


While still folded
Cut the top of the fabric in a curve shape
Unfold
Fold in half with the inside of the beanie facing outward

Glue/sew together the edges
(glue will be placed on the outside of the beanie)
Let dry







After dried you should have something that resembles this
Glue/sew together each curve to the side next to it
Keep gluing/sewing until it is completely closed
Once everything is secure, turn the right side out
 
Voila!


 
Have fun and if you like the boots
check out the boho boot tutorial!

14 comments:

  1. Yours turned out really nice paired with your DIY boots as well. It is funny how we both are working on a sweater. I thrifted a sweater like years ago and I don't like the fit on me so I decided to turn it into an infinity scarf instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you little lady!
      I'm sure your sweater has turned out awesome!

      Delete
  2. That is such a great tutorial! I'll definitely try this.

    New follower, found you on the blog hop :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi miss Bailey, glad you could follow along :)

      Delete
  3. Woah , great idea . I love this tutorial , it's seems so easy and useful <3
    I'm your new follower through blog hop :)
    Noor~
    Noorslense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! buying a thrifted sweater is cheaper than buying a new hat! New follower from the blog hop!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up and stopping in Tara!

      Delete
  5. This is genius, I love it!! I definitely have some old sweaters that I could do this with. So cute! :)

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea and super cute to boot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So want to do this!! I bet you could sell these on etsy!

    Btw, new follower via the blog party! I love your blog layout!!

    Hope you'll check out my blog too!
    -Michelle
    www.littlehomesandbighearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up Michelle!
      Hope you will give the beanie a try :)

      Delete