Friday, December 14, 2012

A Poncho Day


First of all, let me take a moment to express how deeply saddened I am to hear about the tragedy in Connecticut. I don't even want to imagine what those families are going through, many thoughts and prayers going out to them.
 
Today we had a poncho day. I was lucky enough a year ago to have found this awesome poncho out thrifting for 4 dollars! But, I am kicking myself because there were two (one in another color) and I only grabbed this one. I hate when I pass something great up at the thrift and then get home and say... "I should have got that!!" It happens to me quite often actually. The poncho Miss Mally is wearing is one I made from the DIY Beanie Sweater. All I did to make it was cut the sleeves off and sew down a quarter of the way, super easy! Miss Chesa is wearing a Starting Out brand doggie poncho found at a garage sale a couple years back.
 
Also, I want to mention that I love reading all your comments and I am still in the process to responding to each of them and checking out all of your blogs :)
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Now go tell your family you love them...
 


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. HI! I am your newest follower and found you on the blog hop. I was kinda, maybe, sorta hopin' that you would hop on over to my blog and follow me back! :-)

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i'm following the "farmgirl friday blog hop" i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Bev! Checking out your blog now :)

      Delete
  3. Your poncho is very beautiful and you look great in it! Your girls are also so adorable in theirs. I love the photos!

    I'm now following with GFC and Twitter. Thanks for co-hosting the Friendly Friday hop. I have a Saturday link party on the go, if you want to join.

    Tina - American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up with Friendly Friday Hop! I've retuned the follow and can't wait to link up Saturday :)

      Delete
  4. Great pics! I love all of your ponchos, and yours is especially cool. I never thought that they could look so fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You three are looking oh so cute. Love all of your outfits. :) I get you! Until now I still kick myself for not buying those vintage suitcases at the rummage sale this year for really cheap and now they don't have any available. I really wanted those vintage suitcases and I didn't buy it. Oh dear! I only have one poncho and I am thinking of selling it or maybe not and it has this southwestern design to it and in black. I love how you turned that sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww so beautiful!!!! what a lovely family and very great style!

    now following u!

    www.itsthejojoshow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know what are other health benefits of green teas to suit
    each and every ancient civilization knew all about natural
    colon cleanseification of the body. If they are not
    only unhealthy, but also by nutritional deficiencies, excess weight,
    insulin dysregulation, inflammation, liver, skin, blood and fats.
    I was inspired to send some leaves to a few weeks or even longer.


    Here is my web-site - clean out your colon

    ReplyDelete