Friday, October 19, 2012

DIY: T-shirt Scarf

This project is super simple and can be done with a couple things you probably have around the house. I decided to make this for Mally, so I used one of my old holey extra small shirts.
 
 

*What you need*
T-shirt: the smaller the shirt the better fit for children
Sissors

Cut just under armpits

Cut several strips down the shirt


Stretch the strips
Gather strips, making sure seam are together
Cut 1 strip to make a long piece
Twist the strips once to make a figure 8
 
Fold together both ends to make a circle
All seams should be grouped together

Tie the end of the long strip right above the seams


Loop the strip around and through the hole, pull tight
Do this step until the strip is completely covering all the seams
Tie a couple knots at end and you can either cut the loose fabric or tuck it in



This is your end product



 

15 comments:

  1. Omg, she is adorable!!! These are amazing photos. Such a cute scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea for an old shirt, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym. I love finding new ways to upcycle old things, I can thank Pinterest for this one!

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome and she is soooo stinkin cute!! Love DIY that's cute, inexpensive, and easy. I'm definitely making several for my daughter. Thanks so much for sharing this and linking up to the Aloha Friday Hop. I'm excited to follow your blog. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Friday Hop is awesome, have met so many new friends :)

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to make one of these forever! You've officially convinced me. It looks awesome!

    PS: Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefani! Would love to see what yours ends up looking like :)

      Delete
  5. She is so adorable! Such a little fashionista. My little girl so far hates anything that goes on her head or around her neck or even wearing shoes. LOL! Oh dear! Even wearing clothes she refuses, but gotta have to. :) I was wanting to make a t-shirt scarf for a long time now, but haven't got around to doing it. It looked great on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your daughter is such a cutie in whatever she wears :) This is a super quick diy, gotta try it!

      Delete
  6. Mommy I am inviting you by the way for another week of link up. :) Hope to see you again! http://www.thriftysahmway.com/2012/10/little-ones-style-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, I may have missed this. Will link up on the next one though!

      Delete
  7. SO adorable! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete