Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Traditions: Movie Style

Every year around this time I like to start watching my seasonal movie favorites. I love that I can recall so many good memories just by watching a movie. Now that my girls are getting older and understanding more, I'm excited to be starting our families list of "family tradition movies".  Here are the top 5 on my list of Kid Friendly's and Adult's Only. I'd love for you to comment below and tell me some of your favorite movies that get you into the Halloween season!
 
 
*Kid friendly*
 
5. It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
Super excited to be adding this movie to our list of October traditions
4. Corpse Bride
Johnny Depp enough said
Johnny Depp + Helena Bonham Carter = absolutely necessary
3. Casper
I remember my 5th grade self
going bonkers over Devon Sawa
2. The Addams Family series
As a kid, there were a few years I went as Mortica for Halloween
I must have thought she was classy lol
1. Hocus Pocus
I watch this EVERY single year... and yes
Every year I will singalong with Sarah Jessica Parker in that scene
 
 
*Adult's Only*
 
5. Night of the Living Dead
What's Halloween without Zombies??
4. Jeepers Creepers
Okay, so I'll admit. I think this is a silly movie, but I have an obsession
with how creepy that scarecrow is when he's in the field
and now I'll be singing this song all night long...
3. Trick r Treat
This is a newer movie, a bit odd, with 4 separate stories
Matt and I have watched this every year together since it's been out
2. Halloween Series
It's a Halloween staple
It says it right there in the title
1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
So, I have a thing for musicals, the 70's and the unusual
I watched this long before I knew exactly what the movie was about
I would literally leave this marathon on TV all day and go about my business
Just listening to it faintly in the background and singing along.
I probably know every line from this movie.
I would love to attend this in the movie theater
where they drench you with water and scream at the screen
Oh and it probably helps that Tim Curry reminds me of Freddie Mercury in this movie :)
 

10 comments:

  1. I love Hocus Pocus - so my favourite. I like films with witches though :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love scary movies, all the ones you have listed are great!
    Happy fall and thank you for stopping by my blog, I added myself as a follower on yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you! I plan on making your crockpot spaghetti soon :)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I'm all about Hocus Pocus, too. But Rocky Horror Picture Show is such a classic and I'm dying to go to a showing in the theater! Great list.

    Also, I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Head over {here} to see what it's all about. Can't wait to read your responses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RHPS one of my all time favorites :)
      Awww, you are sweet! Heading over to check it out.
      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. It is a classic. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls enjoy this so much :) Really gets us in that fall & Halloween spirit! Thank you for heading over.

      Delete
  5. I love all these! I think Hocus Pocus is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet this yea, but I can't wait to watch. Thank you for stopping in!

      Delete